10.10.2004

Scotland Golf Trip


Royal Troon in Scotland

Thanks to a suggestion from Sarah and her willingness to watch the girls for 3 days/4 nights, I just returned from the best golfing trip I've ever taken. It was last minute planning, but Ian (P&G friend) and I managed to play 5 rounds of golf in 3 days. We flew into Glasgow-Prestwick airport on Wed night. We even rented a car and managed to drive on the left side of the road, navigate some crazy roundabouts, and arrive at our hotel without getting killed (thanks for driving Ian!). On Thursday we played 36 holes of golf at the Glasgow Gailes Golf Club, founded in 1787. The pro was so nice that he comped our 2nd round - that's right - absolutely free! On Friday we played 36 holes at Irvine Bogside Golf Club (also very old). This was our favorite of the 3 courses. Both of these courses have been recently used for the British Open qualifiers. Finally, on Saturday we squeezed a final 18 holes at Troon Lochgreen. This course had the best scenery, including overlooking the famous Royal Troon Golf Club. It's a much different game of golf in Scotland. Not to mention that they do not allow golf carts, so we walked the entire time. Next time I will invest in some better quality golf shoes. Thanks again to Sarah for holding down the fort here in Pech while I had a blast. It was awesome.

No comments: