1.07.2013

Lemons and a Journey

I've been asked to lead the girls' Junior Girl Scout Troop on a Journey called the Agent of Change.  The journey will take a few months meeting every other week and culminate in a Take Action Project of their own planning and choice.  I LOVE doing this kind of thing and hopefully making a difference in the lives of these young girls.

Today I made some yummy delicious lemon poppyseed muffins for the girls to enjoy tonight during the meeting.  I chose lemon because the journey will be introduced by first reading about a local boy named Max (cute name, right?) who organized a monthly lemonade stand locally last summer to help a community shelter for women/children.  Max wasn't looking for a service project but wanted to do more for the residents of this shelter after touring it during a 4th grade field trip.  We should all be more like Max and look for opportunities to serve and improve the lives of others.  I hope the Girl Scouts tonight will be motivated to open their eyes and be "Agents of Change" over the coming weeks for ways to help people, the environment, etc. 

No comments: